Alimony Investigations: How to lower or stop alimony liability.
Whether you call it alimony, maintenance, spousal support, or spousal maintenance, is a legal obligation on a person to provide financial support to his or her spouse before or after marital separation or divorce.
In general, there are five ways to request a change in alimony.
- The involuntary loss of a job or wage reduction
- An illness or disability that prevents the paying spouse from working
- The remarriage of the supported spouse
- The supported spouse's cohabitation with a new partner, or
- The increase in former spouse’s income.
In general, there are four types of alimony:
- Temporary alimony: Support ordered when the parties are separated prior to divorce. Also called alimony pendente lite, which is Latin, meaning, "pending the suit".
- Rehabilitative alimony: Support given to a lesser-earning spouse for a period of time necessary to acquire work outside the home and become self-sufficient.
- Permanent alimony: Support paid to the lesser-earning spouse until the death of the payor, the death of the recipient, or the remarriage of the recipient.
- Reimbursement alimony: Support given as a reimbursement for expenses incurred by a spouse during the marriage (such as educational expenses).
* Each state has different laws concerning alimony payments. Chat with one of our investigators on how we might be able to assist in reducing or eliminating your alimony liability. We proudly serve Kansas City, Overland Park, St. Louis, Lawrence, Columbia, MO, and Jefferson City, MO.
Surveillance and witness testimony are the best way to prove these factors, and that is where our dedicated investigators can help assist in providing our customers with the best opportunity to prove their case.
To Read More: Covid-19 and Support Payments
Questions? Please call, email, or "live chat" us!
*Alimony investigations need a minimum of 3 hours. This is to ensure a minimum standard of quality. If more hours are desired for a more thorough investigation, both the customer and investigator will communicate that need. Customers are never charged without their approval.