Child Custody Investigations: The process of gaining guardianship of the child.
Child custody and legal guardianship are terms used to describe the legal and practical relationship between a parent and his or her child, such as the right of the child to make decisions and the parent's duty to care for the child. Residence and contact issues typically arise in proceedings involving divorce, annulment, and other legal proceedings where children may be involved. In most states the issue of which parent the child will reside with is determined in accordance with the "best interest of the child" standard.
There are many factors courts consider when making custodial decisions including:
- Child abuse or neglect
- Unfounded accusations of abuse or neglect by one parent about the other
- Criminal record
- Violence either domesitc or otherwise
- Alcohol or drug abuse
- Parenting ability
- Financial stability
- Home and family environment
- Moral compass of the family and friends
- Emotional and physical well-being
- Parents ability to work with the court and each other
Surveillance and witness testimony are the best way to prove these factors, and that is where our dedicated investigators can help assist in providing our customers with the best opportunity to prove their case.
Questions? Please call, email, or "live chat" us!